Wednesday, June 20, 2012

sequence of thoughts & tricking out my blog

Having a blog is a wonderful thing. I have all the space in the world to put out my thoughts, and hopefully take some of the ideas here and transform it into a book (if not now, then maybe in my twilight years!).Judging by the stats, the revival of this blog is quiet but I'm pretty sure it will pick up. Since I got back to writing heavily in late 2010 due to work requirements, I've had some feedback and many a chance for improvements. The most common being I don't write in simple prose, and having to simplify the vocab so it would be suitable for an average person.


During the first few months into work, it was utter chaos and having to churn out copies instantly was no mean feat. A lot of times, it was a hit & miss and that is still the case, now. The situtation is picking up but most times, it's about picking the right battle and/or war. 'Too many cooks spoil the broth' rings true here :)

That aside, having to collate my thoughts and putting it into a flow is another hard nut. I'm pretty random so a lot of times, there'd be many spins and takes to a campaign that I tend to run off tangent. To fix this, I've learnt to listen closely when the Managers are talking, decipher it in my own terms and bounce it off them before the meeting adjourns so we're all on the same page. If you think too many cooks spoil the broth, wait till you work in a chinese kitchen with every slanty eyed cook throwing their 2 cents into the pot.

I've begun scribbling keywords onto my trusty notebook and figuring out how the pieces of puzzles fit together in this blog. That, and googling for help to embed videos, music and stuff into this so it's more of an autorun and less clicks for you! It won't be easy so wish me luck?

No comments: